- 3-4 medium sized yams, peeled
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1-3 TB canned Adobo sauce/chipotle puree
- Salt and Pepper
- – Preheat oven to 375.
- – In a food processor, slice yams about 1/8th inch thick. Set aside.
- – Mince 1-3 chipotles depending on how spicy you like it. *Always taste your adobo sauce and chipotles to see how spicy they are. The level of spice varies in each can regardless if it’s the same brand or not. I made this mistake once and added a whole can because the previous one had little spice. Needless to say, the time I just added without tasting was WAY too hot.
- – In a blender, add heavy cream, minced chipotle, and some of the adobo sauce. Blend till combined. DO NOT OVER BLEND or you’ll have whipped cream.
- – Taste your mixture to see if you need more spice.
- – In a 9 x 13 baking dish, add some of the chipotle and cream mixture to cover the bottom of the dish.
- – Overlap the yams on the bottom of the dish. Salt and pepper, then drizzle chipotle cream mix over the yams.
- – Repeat the last step to create multiple layers. Make sure the top layer of yams is covered well with the chipotle cream.
- – Bake covered for 20 minutes, remove foil, then bake for another 35 or until yams are tender.
- – Serve hot.