Prok and Vegetable Miso Soup
- 6 2/3 cupsWater
- 8 TBSPMiso–I use Ryotei no Aji because it contains Dashi stock already
- 1 BlockTofu, sliced into bite sized squares
- 4” longDaikon, thinly sliced
- 2 CupsSpinach or Seaweed
- 3Green Onions, diced
- 1.5 lbsBoneless Pork Spareribs, cut into 1” cubes
- Brown cuts of pork in a large pot. Once browned, add 6 cups of water.
- Place daikon into soup and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the daikon is cooked and slightly transparent, add tofu and spinach/seaweed and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add green onions and miso paste. Allow to dissolve. Re-heat but do not allow to boil.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- I’d like to point out that if you are NOT using Ryotei no Aji miso, you will need to adjust your soup. Follow the directions on your miso container and it will tell you exactly how many tablespoons you will need for about 6 cups of water and if you need to put dashi stock in addition to the miso.
- *I’d also like to mention that you can use a variety of vegetables in this. I have had it with gobo root, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and so on. Feel free to adjust it to how you like!