Opera Cooking Class
This recipe was a part of an Opera Cooking Class I was taking in San Diego at Great News. It’s refreshing, easy, and has very few ingredients required to make a really fresh, great tasting dessert. No ice cream maker required! If you have one, of course you can use it and it’ll probably chill much faster–however, all you need is a blender or food processor.
This dessert calls for berries to make–but– you can change the frozen fruit to whatever you’d like. I’ve tried this same recipe with peaches and cherries and they both came out delicious.
Recipe after the jump!
Berry Gelato from Great News cooking class.
- 2 Cups of Frozen berries or any other kind of fruit
- 1/2 Lemon, peeled (the fruit itself, not just the juice)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar –can omit (if you do omit, you may want to remove the lemon)
- 1 1/4 Cup Half and Half (or coconut milk)
- Throw all ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until you have a thick, smooth, slush.
- Transfer into a bowl and put into freezer covered tightly for about 4 hours.
- Eat and enjoy 🙂