I’ve been in cake world for the last couple of weeks.
I can’t complain, it’s been pretty amazing. I’ve made a cake of some sort for the last four weeks, whether it was to practice decorating or for the pure enjoyment of trying a new recipe. Thankfully I’m able to send the cake with hubster to take to work or I’d be pretty sugared out.
Quest complete! I’ve wanted to take this class for years and am really not quite sure why I hadn’t. It was a lot of fun learning the basics of cake decorating, and I also have a newfound appreciation for the big bird cake my mom made me using the star tip. So. Much.Work. All her hard work paid off though, since I still remember it being my favorite cake as a kid, and I’m pretty sure it was for my 2nd birthday…
The main lesson I took from this class– how much I hate shortening frosting. I love a simple buttercream frosting with just butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Sure it’ll melt and you have to keep it in the fridge, but it’s so much easier to work with and it tastes FAR superior in my opinion. But enough of that–on to the raspberry cream cheese cake!
This cake. Is so good I don’t know what to do with myself.
A couple weeks ago, I went over to my friends’ house to watch the Veronica Mars movie with them. Noelle had made this amazing cake lathered in a raspberry sauce. It was delicious. I kid you not, I thought about that cake for about a week after having a slice. This could of course be my pregnant self craving sweet indulgences, but I’m going to say it’s just an amazing cake.
Darling that she is, she sent me the recipe for the raspberry sauce. The rest is a simple cream cheese frosting and a box cake mix of your choice. So THANK YOU Noelle, for your amazing cake and recipe 😀
Make your cake with whatever box mix you prefer! I used the funfetti cake mix because that’s what I had in the cupboard. Chocolate cake is also excellent with this!
I doubled the original recipe for the raspberry sauce because I wanted to use some for the filling and the topping. Besides, if you have extra, you can put some on ice cream, brownies, fruit, whatever you want!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake
- 2 1/2 cupsFrozen Raspberries
- 2 TBSPCornstarch
- 4 TBSPFresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 CupSugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8 oz)Boxes Cream Cheese
- 1 (4 oz)Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 tspVanilla Extract (I use Massey’s Bourbon Vanilla)
- Mix your cornstarch with a little water and make sure it dissolves.
- Put all ingredients into a pot on medium heat and stir constantly.
- Wait until desired thickness and turn off heat.
- Sauce needs to be completely cooled before going onto cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly.
- Finally, add the vanilla extract, mixing until the frosting is smooth.
Add some raspberry sauce as a filling if you want (make sure you pipe some cream cheese frosting around the inside edge of your cake so the filling doesn’t leak out!) and then frost your cake! Pour the sauce over the frosted cake and you have an amazing cake ready to eat!
This is the original recipe doubled
Raspberry sauce originally found here.
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- My Thoughts on Tomorrow’s Cochlear Implant Surgery - April 19, 2022
- Spicy Scalloped Yams - January 22, 2022
- The Best Hot Cocoa - December 12, 2021
Leave a Reply