Valentine’s Day is next week!!!
While reading one of Gretchen Rubin’s books, she mentioned on minor holidays she would make a breakfast themed to that holiday. I thought this was brilliant and an easy way to make the holiday a little more memorable for my little one. Now I just have to figure out WHAT I’m going to make for breakfast. Breakfast has never really been my thing (though I do love a good pancake here and there and I love eggs benedict) so I always draw a blank when it comes to it. That should be one of my goals for the year—make breakfast more exciting. What do you guys think? Are people actually interested in adding new recipes to their breakfast repertoire?
But until I solve my breakfast dilemma, this delicious raspberry mascarpone cream parfait can be eaten for breakfast or as a dessert! Can we call it a win win?! So easy peasy, it has few ingredients and can be made in a snap. It looks super fancy too!
What I love about this parfait is that it’s not too sweet and relies on the natural sweetness of the berries and honey without adding a bunch of additional white sugar. If you do like a lot of sweetness, however, you can add as much honey as you want.
I was actually developing this recipe for the ebook I’m working on. The cookbook will be all themed meals for fun, summer entertainment. This recipe comes from a rosé wine tasting party that I thought would be perfect for a rainy summer day. I kinda thought up this theme during SoCal’s rain storm last week soooo yeah. No outside influence there ;p
I also was finally able to use the napkins Cristina from Handmaid Embroidery made for me. I love, love, love, them! Let me know what you guys think!
In an electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), add your heavy cream, brandy (optional), and honey. Mix together until soft peaks form.
Add your mascarpone and mix until well blended. Don’t mix too long though or you could ruin the texture.
Wow, that was easy! That’s all the “cooking” you have to do for this recipe! Now let’s assemble it. In a nice cup/jar/wine glass, add a few berries. Add a bit of the cream mixture over it, followed by a drizzle of honey. Repeat till you get to the top. Top off with berries and a nice drizzle of honey. Tada!Print
Raspberry Mascarpone Cream Parfait
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 1 carton of raspberries or any berries you prefer
- 1 –8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp brandy (optional)
- 1 TBSP honey
- Additional honey for drizzling
- In an electric blender (or with a hand mixer), add the heavy cream, honey, and brandy.
- Mix until soft peaks form, then add mascarpone cheese.
- Continue to mix until well combined, but do not over mix.
- In a cup or container of your choice, add the berries, then pipe some of the cream mixture, and a drizzle of honey.
- Repeat until you’ve reached the top of the container.
- Top with berries and a drizzle of honey.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Serving Size: 6
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- My Thoughts on Tomorrow’s Cochlear Implant Surgery - April 19, 2022
- Spicy Scalloped Yams - January 22, 2022
- The Best Hot Cocoa - December 12, 2021
Leave a Reply